Hot And Sour SoupFrom chacha 6 years ago
- 5 oz (150 g) lean boneless beef or skinless and boneless chicken shopping list
- 3 cups beef or chicken stock, low sodium shopping list
- 1 oz (25 g) cellophane noodles, cut into 4 inch lengths, soaked in cold water until soft shopping list
- 5 tsp. rice wine shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water shopping list
- 2 tsp. fresh coriander (or cilantro), chopped shopping list
- 1 small carrot, about 3-1/2 oz (100 g) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chili oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the beef / chicken, towel dry and cut into thin strips.
- Mix with 2 tsp. rice wine, and 1 Tbsp. cornstarch.
- Wash and peel the carrot and slice into slivers.
- Heat the oil in a wok until the oil surface ripples.
- Add the carrot slivers and stir-fry briefly.
- Add the stock, cellophane noodles, and 1/2 tsp. salt, and bring to a boil. Add the beef strips, 1 Tbsp. rice wine, vinegar, the remaining cornstarch-water mixture and coriander.
- Return to the boil and pour into a soup tureen.
- Sprinkle with the chili oil and serve.
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating4 people
Good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
another yummy recipe thanks bunches high5 print and save for future usemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Nice soup!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it