Groundhog Day CakeFrom karlyn255 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup quick oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 shopping list
- 1/2 cups butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- frosting of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat the water in a pan until boiling,
- then add the oats and stir.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chips in a double boiler or carefully in a regular pan,
- until evenly melted. Set aside to cool. In a small bowl, sift together the flour,
- soda, and salt and make sure it's evenly mixed.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then blend in the oats and the chocolate.
- Finally, add the flour mix. When it's all evenly mixed together, pour it into a greased and floured 13 x 9 x 1 1/2-inch pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes,
- then turn out of the pan onto a flat surface.
- Do not ice until completely cool!
- Royal Icing works well if you don't want to use a store-bought icing; try dusting with cocoa for a picturesque end product.
- Yield: 1 13 x 9 cake
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating6 people
Scott Cunningham is awesome - and I love the sound of this.. I have his herbal book and love it.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
WOW I LOVE THIS SOUNDS REALLY GOOD THANK U !!!!
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I think this will scare the little criters back in their home. LOL
Delicious, Hi 5.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it