Bryndzove HaluskyFrom aussie_meat_pie 4 years ago
How to make it
- * Peel potatoes and finely shred them.
- * Add egg and flour. Make a dough that is not too tough but not to watery. You may use more or less flour or add a little bit of water if it is too tough.
- Add 1 tsp of salt.
- Boil water w 2 tbsp of salt. use teaspoon to drop a little bit of the dough into the boiling water. Be sure the water is always boiling.
- When halusky are done they will float on top of the water, Pick them out with a strainer.
- Because I didn't find bryndza here in the US, (it is cheese from sheep), I used 1 package of Feta Cheese and 3/4 of a pack of cream cheese, and 3-4 tbsp of milk.
- Heat everything together. Mix all the time. When it starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- Cut up little pieces of bacon and fry them. Serve halusky with the cheese sauce on top and sprinkle with the bacon pieces.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating4 people
This sounds very, very nice and easy enough too. I'll pick up the cheeses when I go to town next and give this a try. Affetto Vita (love life)elgourmand in Apia loved it