Banana Chiffon CakeFrom hopscotch 7 years ago
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup oil shopping list
- 1 cup Mashed ripe bananas shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup Chopped nuts shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- Sliced bananas, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Grease two 8-in round pans well and dust with flour.
- 2. Beat egg whites until frothy.
- 3. Gradually beat in 1/3 c of sugar.
- 4. Continue beating until very stiff and glossy.
- 5. Sift remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, soda and salt into another bowl.
- 6. Add oil, mased bananas, half of buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- 7. Beat 1 minute at medium speed on mixer.
- 8. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl constantly.
- 9. Add remaining buttermilk and egg yolks.
- 10. Beat 1 more minute.
- 11. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- 12. Fold nuts in gently.
- 13. Pour into prepared pans.
- 14. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- 15. Cool. Frost with whipped cream.
- 16. Decorate with sliced bananas.
- 17. Published: National Enquirer 4/7/92.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!