Vanilla Valentine Sandwich Cookies w cream cheese frostingFrom kellybelly27 4 years ago
- 3 C flour shopping list
- 2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 C butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 C sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp milk shopping list
- 3 Tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- vanilla sugar shopping list
- frosting: shopping list
- 1 package 8 oz neufchatel or cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, cream togther butter and sugar. Add seperately: milk, vanilla, egg, beating after each addition.
- 3. Gradually add flour to wet mixture. Make sure to blend well. I used a food processor and let it run for a bit to get all ingredients incorporated thoroughly.
- 4. Divide dough in half and refrigerate for 30 minutes so dough is easier to handle.
- 5. Roll dough out onto floured surface 1/8" thick and cut in your choice of shape. I used a 3 inch heart cutter and then a one inch cutter in the middle of the cookies when they were pulled from the oven on half of the batch for a top cookie.
- 6. On parchment paper, place cookies on baking sheet and sprinkle with vanilla sugar (see below).
- 7. Bake at 350F for 8-12 minutes. Tops will not brown!
- 8. Remove from cookie sheet and set aside to cool.
- 9. While baking/cooling, combine ingredients for frosting and set aside.
- 10. Making sure you have an equal amount of top cookies and bottom cookies, start frosting. Thinly frost the back of your bottom cookies and then afix the back of a top cookie to it. Press lightly.
- Vanilla sugar:
- Mix 1 cup sugar with either the seeds of a vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract and then let set for 1 hour. The longer it sets the stronger the flavor.
The Cookkellybelly27 McKinney, TX
The Rating4 people
yummy I'm sure! Added this to the Be My Valentines group :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
Wow got to try and save this one thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!