Shepherds PieFrom darmorrow 6 years ago
- 2 pounds of extra lean ground beef shopping list
- two cups of beef broth or water shopping list
- 1-2 lareg onion, sliced thinly shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 8 cups of carrots, sliced & boiled or a large bag of frozen mixed veggies shopping list
- 3 pounds of potatoes, cooked and mashed shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the hamburger with the onions.
- Mix the cornstarch with the broth or water.
- Add to hamburger for gravy.
- Place the cooked beef in a 9"x13" pan.
- Top with the cooked carrots or the frozen veggies.
- Mash the potatoes really well or whip and top the casserole with them.
- Use a fork and indent the pototoes with fork prints.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Place a cookie sheet under the casserole to catach the drippings.
The Cookdarmorrow North Vancouver, CA
The Rating2 people
This is grrrrrrrrrrrreat! My Mother made Shepherds pie almost the same way. She always added boiled carrots when making her version but no Soy Sauce. I like your addition of soy Sauce and can hardly wait to make it. Thank you!!!lor in Toronto loved it
This sounds really good. My husband and I love sheperd's pie! Great post :)lil_coop in Wauseon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!