Breezy Banana Caramel PieFrom lanabade 5 years ago
How to make it
- Fill the pan of a double boiler with water,place over high heat,bring to a boil.
- In the top bowl of your double boiler,pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
- reduce the heat to simmer,then cook 1.5 hours,stirring from time to time.(REMEMBER to add more water to the bottom pan,when necessary,to prevent pan from burning.)
- bake pie crust according to manufacturer's instructions.
- set aside.
- When the caramel is thick and darker,remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- slice the bananas into the pie crust.
- Spread the caramel evenly over the bananas.
- Chill until very cold at least 4 hours.
- Whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the fresh whipped cream over the bananas and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- turtle66 Sacramento, CA
- ozsmom Nepean, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- sherrydear Glen Ellyn, IL
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- deslovescookin El Mirage, AZ
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating9 people
Great recipe - I am diggin' it..aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
great bannanna pie luv it! thanks Lana gonna print try save and Eat Yeah!momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
5 from meozsmom in Nepean loved it