curry goatFrom foodcrazy100 7 years ago
- The Best Jamaican curried goat recipe shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- curried Goat - Ingredients 3lb (chops and shoulder meat, including bones) of goat meat - cut in to cubes (lamb may be used as a substitute) shopping list
- 3 tbsp curry powder (below) or buy Commercial curry powder. shopping list
- 2 diced onions shopping list
- 2 scallions (or spring onions) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 scotch bonnet/ habanera chili peppers (Seed and devein) shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 6 cloves of minced garlic shopping list
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 lb diced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 lb diced potato shopping list
- Homemade Jamaican curry powder Ingredients shopping list
- This is my grandma recipes, its great with white rice. In Jamaica, curry powder is mostly used to flavor goat, chicken fish and shrimp , soups and stews, and is great for adding a kick to all kinds of sauces and marinades, as well as meatloaf and burgers, tuna, pasta and potato salads. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole cumin seeds, toasted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole cardamom seeds, toasted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds, toasted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whole green cardamom pods shopping list
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, broken up shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns shopping list
- 3 allspice berries shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- • Preparation FOR GOAT
- Mixing the Marinade;
- Combine the curry powder, onions, scallion, salt, pepper, chilies, ginger, thyme and half a cup of water in a blender. Add more water if the ingredients do not mix well.
- Marinating the Meat;
- Rub the mixture in to the cubes of meat, let marinade in the fridge overnight.
- Separating the Meat and the Marinade;
- Scrape the marinade off the meat and save for later.
- Sealing the Meat;
- Add the meat and butter to a frying pan and brown gently. Adding the Remaining Ingredients. Place the meat in a saucepan and add the potatoes, carrots and marinade then add enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to the boil then let simmer until the meat is fork tender (this should take 1hr - 1.
- Directions for curry powder
- Place all ingredients in a container with an airtight lid except ginger and turmeric. Shake to combine and, Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. When ready to use, Grind whole spices to a powder in grinder. Add ginger and turmeric and pulse to combine well.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookfoodcrazy100 King Of Prussia, PA
The Rating7 people
I have had goat several times and really enjoyed it. This sounds over-the- top! ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Always nice to find a GOOD recipe for this dish. Not the most popular in the USA but all I can say is, that if you don't think you would like this, try it just once. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks, and a High 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
Just made the marinade for this - smells amazing! Can't wait to eat it tomorrow!heathie_magoo in Chester loved it