BROWN SUGAR BAKED CHICKEN AND OVEN FRIESFrom hungrybear 6 years ago
- 3 large (11⁄2 lb) baking potatoes, cut lengthwise in 1⁄2-in.-thick sticks (see Tip) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 3 Tbsp light-brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp freshly grated orange zest shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 8 chicken drumsticks (21⁄4 lb) shopping list
- 1⁄4 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat to 450°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil (for easy cleanup). Set a wire rack on 1 sheet; coat rack well with cooking spray.
- Put potatoes and oil in a large bowl; toss potatoes to coat. Spread out on prepared rack, overlapping if necessary. Bake on top oven rack 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar, chili powder, orange zest and 1⁄2 tsp salt in a large plastic food bag. Add drumsticks and shake until chicken is coated. Arrange on second baking sheet.
- Place chicken on lower oven rack and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tinged golden brown and chicken’s juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Drizzle any juices in baking sheet over the chicken. Sprinkle potatoes with 1⁄2 tsp salt and the pepper.
- Dinner bakes with little attention. Add a salad to make a great meal.
- Tip: Leave the skin on the potatoes. Just give them a good scrubbing before you cut them up.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating7 people
Like this a lot bear! 5 and flagged.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Very good HB!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
yum.. high five forks!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!