Gnocchi in a Thick Red SauceFrom asheats 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 slabs bacon, diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 pound coarse ground beef shopping list
- 2 tbsp red wine shopping list
- 3 shallots, chopped shopping list
- ¾ cup carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 1-inch strips, orange peels shopping list
- 1 package gnocchi shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add the bacon and cook until almost crisp; add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Add the beef and cook stirring, 3 minutes. Add the wine, shallots, carrots, celery, and tomato paste; cook until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes; Season with salt and pepper.
- Crush the tomatoes into the pan with your hands and add any juices from the can. Stir in the broth, bay leaf, and orange peels. Bring to a simmer, lower heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Uncover and increase the heat to thicken the sauce.
- Meanwhile cook the gnocchi according to the directions on the package.
- Remove the bay leaf and the orange peel from the sauce, season with salt and pepper. Toss the sauce with the gnocchi.