Chocolate Spiced Pork ChopsFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 2 Tbs firm packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 (1-1/2" thick bone-in pork chops shopping list
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Ina large bowl,combine the brown sugar,Italian seasoning,onion powder,cocoa powder,garlic powder,paprika,red pepper,cumin,salt and black pepper. Rub evenly over chops.
- Add oil to large cast iron or heavy oven-proof skillet over med-high heat.
- Add the pork chops and cook 3 mins a side. Put the skillet in oven and bake the pork chops till cooked through,about 8 to 10 mins
- Remove skillet from oven,transfer chops to serving platter.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Wow this is really unique (flagged). Big 5 and will try it really soon!heartbrazil in Bahia loved it
Sounds interesting. I use cocoa powder in my enchilada sauce so I think this will be a real treat. Thanks Pat for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This was on Paula's show yesterday. It sure looks good. Thanks for posting.lasaf in St. Paul loved it