Three Pistol Apple-Cinnamon Pecan BreadFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup natural wheat bran shopping list
- 1½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp each baking soda, salt and allspice shopping list
- 1 cup apple sauce shopping list
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ½ cup plus 1 tsp lightly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 medium apple, cored, peeled and diced, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, wheat bran, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice. Set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk together apple sauce, sour cream, egg, 1/2 cup brown sugar,oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Gently fold in pecans and half the apples. Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top. In a small bowl toss remaining apples with 1 tsp brown sugar. Place apples evenly on top of batter.
- Bake in a 350º F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until loaf is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Volume: Makes 1 loaf
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating5 people
You sure have some good recipes. My printer is smoking because I keep printing them all. Now I have to get out in the snow and go grocery shopping.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
wow! wonder if I could make this before bedtime is 7 pm. I got to bed at nine Bye! im gonna make this bread-mornin comes early. thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!