Chipotle Meatball SoupFrom sharebear1 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 4 slices of diced bacon (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon chili ancho powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 tablespoon marjoram shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves shopping list
- 6-7 tomatillos (diced) shopping list
- 1 white onion (diced) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup dried Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice (mexican style rice) shopping list
- 1 14oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1 4 oz can chipotle peppers in abodo shopping list
- 1 small bag mixed vegetables shopping list
- 4 limes (cut into wedges) shopping list
- tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- 1.In 2 qt stock pot fill about half way with water. Add the can of tomato sauce, 1/2 can of chipotle peppers and chicken boullon and bring to boil.
- 2.In large bowl place hamburger, rice, bread crumbs, chili ancho, garlic powder, mexican oregano, dried cilantro, majoram, mint leaves, tomatillos, and onion. Mix ingredients together well. Add the 2 eggs and mix again.
- 3.Dice bacon and add it to boiling water. Then form small balls out of meat mixture about 1 inch. Slowly and gently ladle them into the boiling water. Repeat until meat mixture is gone.
- 4.Once boiled about 10 minutes add vegetables and boil for another 10 minutes.
- 5.Serve with tortillas or bolillo rolls.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!