Carne En Su JugoFrom sharebear1 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 LBS round steak or Cubed beef steak shopping list
- 1 LB bacon shopping list
- 4-5 Cups Cooked pinto beans shopping list
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1 Tspn ground cumin shopping list
- 1 Tspn black pepper shopping list
- 2 packets (.18 ounce) sazon seasoning with coriander and achiote, such as Goya® shopping list
- 2 tomatillos shopping list
- 1 Tblspn Minced garlic shopping list
- 1 roma tomato-cut into 4 peices shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 Tbspns salt shopping list
- juices from 3 limes shopping list
- water shopping list
- Side: shopping list
- limes shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
- Avacado shopping list
- white onion shopping list
- tortillas shopping list
- Hotsauce shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Follow package directions for pinto beans. Once they are done set them aside.
- 2. Slice steak into 1/2 in thin strips(sliced very thin). In a bowl place sliced steak, add juice from 3 limes, 2 packets sazon, pepper, cumin, 2 teaspoons salt. Let set for about 30 minutes.
- 3. Cut bacon into 1/4 inch peices, place in a 2 quart pot and fry lightly (about 10 minutes). After about 10 minutes add the tomato and garlic, fry another 3 minutes.
- 4. Add the steak and juices to the bacon pot. Cook about 2 minutes. Fill pot with water, about 8-10 cups.
- 5. Add the 2 chicken bouillon cubes, bay leaves, tomatillos (whole, dont cut them) to pot. Let simmer.
- 6. After about 1 hour remove tomatillos and place into blender, with small amount of juice from soup. Blend well, then pour back into soup. Let simmer about 30 more minutes or until meat is tender.
- 7. Be sure to remove the bay leaves when it is done cooking! Rinse and drain some beans and place the beans into each bowl (as desired), and top with soup mixture. Add toppings and serve.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
The Rating3 people
Your "5"FORK!!!!! recipe really
speaks the 'language' of the Southwest~
And beyond! I look forward to sharing it with
my Family & Friends~
~Photo~FLAGGED!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!