Chilli and Garlic Beef with pak choiFrom pszczolamurray 5 years ago
- 2 sirloin steaks shopping list
- 1tbl sp ground nut oil shopping list
- 1tbl sp dry sherry shopping list
- 200g/7oz pak choi, washed and seperatedleaves from stalks shopping list
- 50g/2oz shitake mushrooms, washed shopping list
- sea salt for taste shopping list
- marinade:- shopping list
- 1medium heat chilli shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/2 inch of root ginger shopping list
- tbl sp of light soy sauce shopping list
- tbl sp chilli paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- take yous sirloins, trim the fat off and discard, then slice in 1/2 cm strips.
- for the marinade, chop chilli, garlic and the ginger, then put these in a big enough bowl with the rest of the marinade, then add beef and stir well and leave.
- seperate the pak choi leaves from the white stalks, chop the leaves chunky and the stalks into 1cm slices, slice your mushrooms into 1/2 cm slices
- put wok on the heat and add the oil, when the oil is smoking add the beef but reserving the marinade, and cook for 1 minute then add the sherry.
- add the pak choi stems and cook for another minute then throw in the pak choi leaves and the shitaki musrooms and cook for yet another minute, and finally add the rest of the marinade and simmer for 30-45 seconds.
- then serve with either steamed jasmine rice or spicy wild rice.