Curry-apple Turkey Loaf - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten, or All Whites equivalent to 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 – 2 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground turkey shopping list
How to make it
- 2 Tbs. Butter or margarine
- 2 medium apples, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tsp. Curry powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Ina large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F. for 50 – 60 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 165 F.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Add the remaining topping ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12 – 15 minutes or until apples and onion are tender.
- Let meatloaf stand for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with warm topping. Yield: 6 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Serving size 2 slices with 1/3 cup topping, Calories per serving: 264, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 105mg, Sodium: 725mg, Carbohydrate: 23g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 18g.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, ½ starch.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Very very nice!ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
This one sounds great! Love the flavors and it sounds nice and moist. Thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
fantastic! gotta luv it high5 makin this oone tonitemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Low Carbs18 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
Healthy Baking123 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Diet Recipes12 members
Curry Varieties44 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members