Black Bean and Tomato QuinoaFrom darbar 9 years ago
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa shopping list
- 1 (14- to 15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 4 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together lime zest and juice, butter, oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Wash quinoa in 3 changes of cold water in a bowl, draining in a sieve each time.
- Cook quinoa in a medium pot of boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt for 2 quarts water), uncovered, until almost tender, about 10 minutes. Drain in sieve lined with cheesecloth, then set sieve in same pot with 1 inch of simmering water (water should not touch bottom of sieve). Cover quinoa with a folded kitchen towel, then cover sieve with a lid (don't worry if lid doesn't fit tightly) and steam over medium heat until tender, fluffy, and dry, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and remove lid. Let stand, still covered with towel, 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa to dressing and toss until dressing is absorbed, then stir in remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookdarbar Brevard, NC
The Rating4 people
We're new to Quinoa but no longer new to this recipe! We loved it, the kids loved it and it's high up on the "Re-Run:" menu at our house. Thank you for sharing!!joyride in Spotsylvania loved it
I made this tonight and it was a hit - seconds all around the table. Though I cheated a bit, used quinoa that I didn't have to rinse, and skipped the seemingly high-maintenance steaming step - just 2 cups water and 1 cup quinoa for 15 minutes... Wi...morediverdawg in Danville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!