CARAMEL NUT BARSFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or sugar substitute 24 packets Equal shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¾ butter, melted or margarine shopping list
- ½ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 package ( 14-oz ) caramels shopping list
- 1/3 cup 1 % milk shopping list
- 1 cup ( 6-oz ) semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- ½ cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle 1 cup into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan ( do not press ).
- Bake at 350 F. for 10 minutes. In a small heavy saucepan, cook and stir caramels and milk until caramels are melted.
- Pour over crust. Top with chocolate chips and nuts. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture. Bake at 350 F. for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 154, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 11mg, Sodium:104mg, Carbohydrate: 22g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 2g
- NOTE: I have modified the original recipe to a Diabetic Friendly one.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating3 people
HELLOOOOOOOOO ED !!
how are u
thanks for a great recipe you are doing such a great job on here sharing all your recipes with us thank u
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
These look so good. Thanks for sharing and will make next time company comes,
High 5 Fork
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
Chocolate Dreams354 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Party Foods24 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Its Party Time97 members
Quick And Easy25 members
Dessert Paradise45 members