Flourless Chocolate Decadence CakeFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 12.5 oz chocolate covertures 66% shopping list
- 12.5 oz butter unsalted shopping list
- 5 oz Castor sugar shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- mint leafs for garnish shopping list
- chocolate shavings for garnish shopping list
- Couverture chocolate is a very high quality chocolate that contains extra cocoa butter (32-39%). shopping list
How to make it
- In one bowl, melt the butter and chocolate gently over steam. In another bowl whisk together sugar and eggs. Don't whisk the mixture foamy just combine well.
- Combine the two mixtures. Line a fireproof baking dish with greaseproof paper, then pour the mixture into the lined dish and bake by 300 fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes. Best results are achieved if the mixture is just under done when removed from the oven and the cake is allowed to "set" during the cooling process. Cool in the refrigerator.
- The high amount of butter in the cake will make it fairly solid when chilled and easy to handle when cutting and portioning.
- Cut to size and let come to room temperature before garnishing and serving. In order to keep the cutting surface nice and clean, you need to heat your knive in hot water for a few seconds, wipe it clean and then cut the chocolate cake to size with the heated knife.
- This recipe will make approximately 20 to 25 cakes at about 1 1/2 ounces each..
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating9 people
Wow This is great for the Choco-halic.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Chocolate to the highest!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
nice recipe.. I added it to Gluten Free Place..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it