Easy Non-traditional Chinese Lemon ChickenFrom dark_angel 6 years ago
- 1/2 k chicken thigh fillet shopping list
- salt & pepper for seasoning shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- for the sauce: shopping list
- 3/4 c sugar (brown or white) shopping list
- 1/2 c fish sauce shopping list
- 1 small shallot or onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest(optional) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper to taste shopping list
- **Note: I don't really measure when I cook. All measurements above are just estimation & you can adjust to your preference. shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken with just the right amount of salt & pepper. Put cooking oil in a thick-bottomed skillet over medium high heat.
- Try the temp of the oil by dropping a very small piece of the chicken. You would know it's ready if the piece sizzles immediately after hitting the oil.
- Arrange chicken pieces in the skillet in one layer, skin side down & cover. Let it sit for about 5 mins or until skin is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, melt the sugar over low heat.
- Once melted, take it off the fire & add the fish sauce, shallot/onion & pepper. If melted sugar solidifies, just whisk thoroughly until it goes back to liquid stage & put it back over low heat for about 2mins more.
- Flip the chicken & let the other side cook for about 1min uncovered.
- Flip it once more so that the chicken is skin side down again then pour the caramel sauce over the chicken.
- Add the lemon juice, grated lemon zest & ginger. Cover & let it simmer over low heat for about 10-15 mins.
- Serve with rice. Goes best with coleslaw or corn & carrots. Enjoy!
The Cookdark_angel Mandaluyong, PH
The Rating6 people
Welcome-nice ingredients. Joyce won't see your reply unless it is on her page.
5 forks from me.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
sounds fabulous!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Mmmmmm, I'm in the mood for Lemon Chicken. This is a 5 fork recipe and thank you for sharing!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!