Cranberry Orange MuffinsFrom winkaway 7 years ago
- 1 cup frozen, chopped cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 orange's worth of grated zest shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, plus around1 tablespoon for topping the muffins shopping list
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan, and bring just to a simmer over medium heat. Remove berries from the heat, and set aside to cool and plump. Drain off any excess liquid and set aside.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter, zest, and sugar with mixer till fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Fold the flour in 3 parts into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk in 2 parts, until just combined; do not over mix.
- Add orange juice in which the cranberries soaked.
- Fold in the cranberries. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cool muffins in the pan on a rack. Serve warm.