Grannys Date-Nut CookiesFrom clewing 9 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dates shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
How to make it
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add nuts, dates (after dredging in a small amount of the flour) and vanilla. Beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together, add to mixture. Mix well.
- Make into long rolls and wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap. Let stand in refrigerator until firm enough to slice.
- Slice ¼” thick and bake on cookie sheet at 375° for 10 minutes.
The Cookclewing Lawton, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!