Chestnut Pancakes With Bacon And Creme Fraiche Regular And Gluten FreeFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped shopping list
- • 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- • 2 large eggs shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped jarred steamed chestnuts (7 to 8 ounces), divided shopping list
- • Créme fraîche or sour cream shopping list
- • Chopped chives or maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Transfer 2 tablespoons bacon drippings to blender; add milk and next 3 ingredients, then 1 cup chestnuts.
- Blend until batter is smooth. Pour batter into bowl; stir in remaining 1/2 cup chestnuts.
- Pour remaining drippings into small bowl. Brush same skillet with some drippings; heat over medium heat.
- Drop in batter by rounded tablespoonfuls. Cook pancakes until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates.
- Top with créme fraîche and bacon, then chives or maple syrup.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
It must be so delicious! 5 starsheartbrazil in Bahia loved it
Peetabear, I love you, so!
I think I'll blend all the nuts. Biting into the odd piece of chesnut doesn't sound pleasant to me.chefgil in Stanardsville loved it
This looks and sounds wonderful! Love the addition of chestnuts here!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!