Teriyaki Stir FryFrom alaskanmom 6 years ago
- 1/2 Cup hot water(helps the honey stir up easier) shopping list
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 Cup honey(spray measuring cup with cooking spray, the honey comes out easier) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger or 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 lb. beef flank steak, or chicken breast, or pork, cut into thin strips **(Place the meat in the freezer for a little bit before slicing. It makes it easier to handle and slice)** shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 Cups broccoli shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Cup green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Cup red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 Cup fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 small can baby corn shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- Hot cooked rice or noodles, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a zip lock bag; add meat. Seal bag, turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain & discard marinade from the meat.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir fry meat in batches in oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove & keep warm.
- Add broccoli, onion, peppers, mushrooms & baby corn to the pan; stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return meat to pan.
- Combine cornstarch & reserved marinade until smooth; stir into meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook & stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles if desired.