Indian Spiced Yellow Split Pea SoupFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 c yellow split peas,rinsed and picked over shopping list
- 5 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp grated ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c light cream shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 5 c water ,peas,cloves and cinnamon in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low 4 hours.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon stick. In med. size nonstick skillet,melt butter over med heat. Add cumin,1/2 tsp ginger,turmeric,mustard seeds,corainder and cayenne to skillet and cook 1-2 mins.,stirring constantly. Stir the spice mixture into slow coker and continue to cok another 2-1/2 hours on high or 3 hours on low.
- Carefully puree soup in batches. Just before serving,stir in remaining 1/2 tsp ginger,the cream,salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro,if desired.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating3 people
Oh my - my mouth is watering - this sounds terrific.
The only trouble I see with GR is that there are tooooo many good recipes to try! I'll be 90 before I get thru the ones I have saved!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
I love the sound of this - spicy and creamy! YUM! Nice pic too.justjakesmom in Everett loved it