Cobb Salad Layer DipFrom lizzconn 5 years ago
- 8 slices bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 3 ripe avocados shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped shopping list
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, leaves cleaned, dried and separated shopping list
How to make it
- In a small skillet over medium high heat with one turn of the pan of EVOO, cook the bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes. When done, remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel -lined plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the blue cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, salt and pepper. In another small bowl, mash the avocado with the juice of the lemon and salt.
- In a small glass bowl or dish, layer the dip: blue cheese, sour cream mixture, eggs, avocado, tomatoes and bacon crumbles. Serve with romaine leaves.