Swedish Taffy Cream CookiesFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter (do not substitute) shopping list
- 1⅓ cups sugar shopping list
- ⅓ cup milk shopping list
- ⅓ cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1⅓ cups quick-cooking oatmeal shopping list
- 1½ cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- ⅔ cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- For cookies, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add remaining cookie ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Drop by scant spoonfuls at least 2” apart onto well-greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper lining).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from pan carefully. These are very “lace-y” and will break if handled too roughly.
- Store the cookies stacked in a covered container.
- For filling, combine flour and 1 tablespoon sugar in saucepan. Gradually add milk and yolks; mix well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens; cool.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter with ¼ cup sugar.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Cover and keep refrigerated.
- Note: Filling tends to be lumpy – especially after being chilled - so don’t be alarmed. It will look almost "curdled" after you chill it and then stir it, but that is natural. I didn't want anyone to think they had ruined their filling!
- To serve, put two cookie bottoms together, sandwich-style, with filling between them. Do not fill more than what you will eat, because they do not store well once they’ve been filled. If you do have leftovers after filling them, try storing them in the refrigerator. I have never done this, so I can't guarantee how the crispy cookie will hold up, but it is worth a try!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating1 people
Oh my yes!!! How did I miss these little delights!? Im adding them to my Christmas cookie list. Thanks for letting me know about them!michellem in Idaho loved it