Steamed Mussels In Coconut CreamFrom elgourmand 7 years ago
- • About 2kg of mussels, fresh as you can get and beards off. shopping list
- • 1 ltr coconut cream, if using canned which is 50% water. shopping list
- • ½ cup dry white wine (optional and not Doyle’s way) shopping list
- • 1 med onion chopped. shopping list
- • 1 stalk celery, chopped. (no leaves) shopping list
- • 3 Tbs butter shopping list
- • 1 strip of bacon, chopped (optional) shopping list
- • Generous pinch thyme, to taste shopping list
- • Generous pinch basil, to taste shopping list
- • 1 good sized Bay Leaf shopping list
- • 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- • ½ tsp salt, to taste shopping list
- • Good grind of black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Make sure the mussels are well scrubbed and the “beards” cleaned off. Let them sit out a while and come to room temp.
- 2. In a large pot melt the butter and saute the onion, bacon and celery until just cooked through. Put the bacon in first and give it a minute or two extra.
- 3. Turn up the stove and add everything but the mussels.
- 4. When the pot starts to just simmer add the room temp mussels, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about ten minutes, until all the mussels open.
- 5. Discard the Bay leaf and any mussels that didn’t open and serve mussels and broth in large soup bowls.
- This is really great with French bread, baguettes or Pita bread and a good dry white wine. Bon Apatite.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating6 people
Very Nice and I Like The Coconut Cream
High 5's My Friend...~:)Chef Irishchef_irish in Gainesville loved it
My mouth is watering reading this recipe. Gotta get some mussles right now. 5 forksbrianna in loved it