Apple Pound CakeFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 4 medium tart apples shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 sticks butter softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup currant jelly melted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Pare quarter and core apples then slice thinly into bowl and toss with sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 then grease rectangular baking pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl with electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in dry ingredients alternately with sour cream then beat until batter is smooth.
- Turn into prepared pan then arrange apple slices on top and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack then brush with melted jelly and sprinkle with nuts.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
luv the currant jelly addition thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
love it!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Delicious, and a great recipe.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!