Mussel FrittersFrom kigster 3 years ago
- 500g cooked mussel meat, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 cup flour, regular white flour is fine shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 eggs, seperated shopping list
- ½ c milk shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- A good shot of Tabasco sauce (optional) shopping list
- olive oil, to cook shopping list
- lemon wedges, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Add egg yolks and milk and combine. If you are using tabasco sauce, add now.
- Add mussel meat and combine.
- Beat egg whites to form stiff peaks then carefully fold into mix.
- Heat oil in a fry pan on medium heat. Carefully drop spoonfuls onto pan creating a fritter 3-4 inches in diameter. Cook until browned on edges then flip to finish cooking. Drain.
- Serve with a salad and a glass of chilled Pinot Grigio.