Sweet Potato Pudding CakeFrom hessen 6 years ago
- 1C raisins shopping list
- 2T dark or light rum shopping list
- 1C whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1/2t nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 1lb sweet potato (2 medium), cooked and peeled shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can "lite" coconut milk shopping list
- 1C packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2T butter, melted shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2C unsweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 2T packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8t ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- To prepare cake:
- Toss raisins and rum in a small bowl and let stand. Whisk flour, nutmeg and salt in another bowl.
- Mash sweet potato in a large bowl (you should have about 1 3/4 cups). Add eggs; beat until combined. Add coconut milk, 1cup brown sugar and butter; beat until combined. Stir in the dry ingredients until evenly moistened. Stir in the raisins and any remaining rum.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- To prepare topping:
- Combine coconut, 2 tablespoons brown suagr and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Bake the cake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and gently remove the side ring. Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours.