Pear Walnut And Blue Cheese Salad With Cranberry VinaigretteFrom jena 9 years ago
- Vinaigrette: shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange) shopping list
- OR instead of above, I have used frozen natural cranberry orange sauce in freezer section near frozen fruit. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 18 Bibb lettuce leaves (about 2 heads) shopping list
- 2 cups sliced peeled pear (about 2 pears) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup (1/8-inch-thick) slices red onion, separated into rings shopping list
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare the vinaigrette, place the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- To prepare the salad, divide the lettuce leaves evenly among 6 salad plates.
- Toss pear with 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- Divide pear and onion evenly among leaves.
- Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 teaspoon walnuts.
- Drizzle each serving with about 2 1/2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- CALORIES 148(38% from fat); FAT 6.3g (sat 1.8g,mono 2.5g,poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 2.7g; CHOLESTEROL 5mg; CALCIUM 60mg; SODIUM 205mg; FIBER 2.4g; IRON 0.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 22.3g