Corned Beef Stuffed Cabbage RollsFrom alisdhair 4 years ago
How to make it
- FOR THE CABBAGE ROLLS : Cut out the cores from the cabbage heads but leave them whole. Place them in a cauldron (or large pot) of boiling water. As they cook the leaves will start to soften and loosen. Peel them away as they do so and take them from the water. Do this until you have enough large leaves. This is my method, if there is a better one please notify of it.
- Dice the onion small and sauté it in butter until it is caramelized well. Add this to the corned beef along with the barley, thyme and black pepper. Mix well.
- Use this to stuff the cabbage rolls. Make them smaller than the big Germanic type. Layer them in a casserole and pour in enough beef stock to cover them over by an inch. Tightly seal the dish and bake at 350 for two hours.
- As they would be at this point, might be a little dull. So I would strongly recommend that you make a Hollandaise like sauce with a pronounced flavour of Dijon style mustard.
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
The Rating5 people
Wow! This is a new and unique recipe for St Paddy's Day....or for any day!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Im in! I love corned beef.doubled in Upstate loved it
A bit labor intensive; but as my girlfriend says, most things worth doing are. I hate it when you just know that all that work is going to produce something really worth doing. You could try baking the cabbage head (covered) at say 350 deg F for a wh...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!