FlatbreadFrom chacha 5 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare dry ingredients by mixing sifted flour and salt.
- Cut butter into the flour mixture.
- Liquid ingredients: Beat egg yolks, slowly adding oil.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until ball of dough comes away from the bowl's side. Knead lightly to shape into a soft bowl. Do not over-knead.
- Using small amounts (about 1/3 recipe at a time), roll the dough with a rolling pin until it is as thin as you can get it without breaking.
- Placed rolled dough on an ungreased baking sheet. Mark into squares.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Note: If you are planning to use this recipe for Passover service, use water and increase to 1 cup, and mix with oil. Add to dry ingredients. Omit egg yolks.