Oatmeal Applesauce CookiesFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour OR 1/2 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 to 2-1/2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup applesauce shopping list
- NOTE: You could also use 1 cup applesauce and increase the flour by 1/2 cup. shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla or 1/8 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups oats shopping list
- 3/4 cup raisins OR, sometimes I add 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips. shopping list
- NOTE: If you like a cookie with a little spice, then 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg or cinnamon works well. shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F.
- Thinly coat baking sheets with butter, margarine, or cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl, or in the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars together until smooth.
- Slightly beat the egg with a fork in a cup.
- To the second mixing bowl, add applesauce, egg, and vanilla/almond extract.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the flour mixture slowly and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Add nuts and spices if desired.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets about two inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and place on wire racks to allow air to circulate - approximately 8-10 minutes
- Remove cookies from baking sheets and allow to cool completely on a cookie rack.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Makes 36 or more depending on the size of cookie.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating6 people
thanks Lor these sound delicous will try soon high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Does sound so very yummy! Apple sauce must make them soft and delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Farm Country Cooking84 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
A Tea Party71 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
A Cookie Jar58 members
Cookie SwapARama67 members
Cookie Mania23 members
Church Gettogethers14 members