Wild Black RiceFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup black rice shopping list
- 1 cup barley shopping list
- 2 cups chopped mushroom shopping list
- 1 carrot diced shopping list
- 4-1/2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley chopped shopping list
- Zest of 1 lime shopping list
- 1/3 cup pine nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Let wild rice sit in cold water for at least 15 minutes before cooking.
- Saute onion and carrot with butter for 5 minutes and then add mushroom.
- Stir until onion is soft.
- Add wild rice and barley and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in stock then add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low for 1 hour.
- Roast pine nuts in a toaster oven on a non-stick frying pan then allow to cool.
- When rice is cooked add parsley lime zest and pine nuts.
- Fluff rice with a fork before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!