Dutch Apple Pie CookieFrom bigcookiedude 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 C flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 C packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding shopping list
- 2 (large) eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 C dried apples, chopped shopping list
- 1 C toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/8 C raw sugar crystals shopping list
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add instant pudding, mixing well. Add eggs, then vanilla extract, mixing until well blended. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Slowly add flour, mixing well. Stir in walnuts and apples until well blended.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop (2 oz), or rounded tablespoons, drop dough onto an un-greased parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten tops of cookies slightly. Combine sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Sprinkle a teaspoonful of sugar mixture over tops of cookies.
- For 2 oz cookie, bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes. For rounded tablespoon-size cookies, bake 12-14 minutes. After one minute, transfer from pan to wire rack to cool.
The Cookbigcookiedude Vinton, VA
The Rating8 people
^5 to you, Shawn... I sit in awe of your creativity!! Your love for what you bring us shines through. ;-)windy1950 in Flint loved it
Yum! Bite size apple pie :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
I agree!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!