Pineapple Upside Down CakeFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices, dry slices and save juice shopping list
- maraschino cherries shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding and pie filling shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- Enough water and pineapple juice to make 1 cup shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For topping, melt butter over low heat in 12-inch cast-iron skillet or skillet with oven-proof handle. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar. Spread to cover bottom of skillet. Arrange pineapple slices and Maraschino cherries in skillet. Set aside.
- 3.For cake, combine cake mix, pudding mix, coconut, eggs, water/juice mixture and oil in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly over fruit in skillet.
- 4.Bake at 350 ºF for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and invert onto serving plate.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating3 people
me too its fantastic stuff thans for sharingmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Looks exactly like my mom used to make. Looking forward to making this. YUM!gwencampbell in Chula Vista loved it
This recipe is fantastic! The coconut adds to the moistness of the cake & the brown sugar pineapple topping makes your taste buds smile!!ariadnebarzane in Phoenix loved it