Honey Ginger ChickenFrom chacha 4 years ago
- Two 3 pound chickens, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into eighths, OR shopping list
- 6 pounds chicken parts of your choice shopping list
- 1 6-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 10 - 12 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 16 medium spring onions, white and green parts, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 - 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon 5-spice powder shopping list
- black pepper, freshly ground shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the ginger, garlic, scallions, and half the soy sauce in a food processor and process 2 minutes. Add the remaining soy sauce, the honey, and five-spice powder. Season to taste with the pepper and process to blend.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the marinade and toss. Line a large 1-1/2 to 2 inch deep baking dish with foil and add the chicken skin side down in a single layer. Spoon marinade over chicken and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the pieces over, baste with the sauce from the pan and bake another 45 minutes.
- Chicken can be served hot or cold.
- Serves 6 to 8
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating5 people
Wow! Sounds so delicious.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Love it! ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Wonderful!valinkenmore in Malott loved it