Carrot cake cookieFrom bigcookiedude 4 years ago
- 2 1/4 C flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 C packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding shopping list
- 2 (large) eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 C carrot shreds shopping list
- 1 C golden raisins shopping list
- 1 C toasted pecans, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add instant pudding, mixing well. Add eggs, then vanilla extract, mixing until well blended. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Slowly add flour, mixing well. Stir in the carrots, raisins, and pecans until well blended.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop (2 oz), or rounded tablespoons, drop dough onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- For 2 oz cookie, bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes. For rounded tablespoon-size cookies, bake 12-14 minutes. After one minute, transfer from pan to wire rack to cool.
- After cookies have cooled, drizzle cream cheese glaze over cookies with a spoon, or pipe the glaze over the cookies using a pastry bag and small decorator tip.