Pretzel Jello SaladFrom thepoint 4 years ago
- SHELL: shopping list
- 8 ounces pretzels -- crushed, divided shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon plain gelatin shopping list
- 1 1/2 Sticks butter, softened shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- ... shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese -- softened shopping list
- 1 small pkg Dream Whip -- prepared per package shopping list
- 2 packages strawberry jello (3 ounce packages) shopping list
- 3 cups boiling water shopping list
- 1 large pkg strawberries, frozen shopping list
How to make it
- NOTE: RESERVE 3 TABLESPOONS OF THE PRETZEL CRUMBS FOR TOPPING.
- Mix all shell ingredients and press into a 9" x 12" pan. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- For filling, mix cream cheese, prepared Dream Whip, and sugar together and spread in the bottom of the cooled shell.
- Mix jello in boiling water, drop in frozen strawberries. Cool in refrigerator until partially set. Pour over cheese mixture. Return to refrigerator and cool until firm.
- Spread reserved pretzel crumbs on top.
- Original recipe from an old family friend, Bernie Tomlinson.
- NOTES : This really mixes up your taste buds.