Baked Chicken ChimichangasFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2-1/2 c chicken,cooked,shredded shopping list
- 2 Tbs veegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped onion (1 small) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 2 mild green chilies,roasted,peeled ,seeded and chopped(or 1 4oz can chopped medium green chilies) shopping list
- 1 tsp med-hot chili powder shopping list
- 16 oz. salas shopping list
- 1.4 c chopped fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 6 10" flour tortillas or 12 6" corn tortilllas shopping list
- 1 c canned refried beans shopping list
- 2-4 Ts vegetable oil for basting shopping list
- sour cream,tomatoes,guacamole(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.In large saucepan,heat oil over med heat. Add onion and garlic;cook till tender. Stir in the green chilies,med-hot chili powder,salsa,cilantro,cumin.and salt. Stir in shredded chicken. Let cool.
- Grease a rimmed 15x10" baking pan with 2 Tbs. oil. Working with one tortilla at a time,spoon a heaping Tbs of beans down the center of each. Top with scant 1/2 c of chicken mixture(less if using smaller tortillas).
- Fold up the bottom,top and sides of tortilla;roll as if making a burrito and secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place chimichangas in the baking pan,seam side down. Brush all sides with oil.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or till golden brown and crisp,turning at least once. Serve with sour cream,guacamole and tomatoes,if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating8 people
These sound wonderful, healthy and easy! Thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
My favorite Mexican dish, chimichanga, now maybe I can make them at home
High 5 Fork Post
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
OHHHH YEAH I LOVE THESE MY FAVORITE STUFF YUM YUM ILL TAKE A BIG ONE LOL
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it