Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding CakeFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- • 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- • 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb stalks (10 ounces) shopping list
- • 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries (5 ounces) shopping list
- • 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 large egg shopping list
- • 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- • 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Butter an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Stir together water, cornstarch, and 1/3 cup sugar in a small saucepan, then stir in rhubarb. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in strawberries.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk together egg, milk, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl, then whisk in flour mixture until just combined.
- Reserve 1/2 cup fruit mixture, then add remainder to baking dish and pour batter over it, spreading evenly. Drizzle reserved 1/2 cup fruit mixture over batter. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake portion comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
ohhhhh yummy i love this one peeta
happy st patricks day!!!
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
This sounds lovely! Will try to make it soon, I am all into pudding-cakes these days. The only thing is there is no rhubarb in supermakets here... is there any good substitute? 5 forksgourmetana in Aveiro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!