Peking Style Lemon Pineapple ChickenFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 garlic clove crushed shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated carrot shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper cut into strips shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 cup shredded lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler then wash chicken and wipe dry.
- Combine bouillon, soy sauce, garlic and salt in a shallow dish.
- Place chicken in marinade and spread with fingers then let stand 15 minutes.
- Turn occasionally so that entire surface of chicken gets coated.
- Broil on rack 4" from heat turning once until done on both sides.
- While chicken is broiling, prepare the sauce.
- Stir cornstarch into lemon juice then combine with water and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Add pineapple, carrot, green pepper and lemon rind then bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until thickened.
- When chicken is broiled place on two individual serving plates.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately with a border of shredded lettuce.