Blueberry Waffles - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- ¼ cup 1% milk shopping list
- ¼ cup orange juice, on sugar added shopping list
- 1 Tbs. margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 tsp. Grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. orange extract shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blueberries shopping list
- 1 Tbs. confectioners' sugar, or sugar-free syrup shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolk, milk, orange juice, butter, orange peel and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar or sugar-free syrup.
- Serving size: 1 waffle.
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 220, Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 61mg, Sodium: 301mg, Carbohydrate: 36g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 8g.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 ½ starch, 1 Lean meat, 1 fruit.
- NOTE: This is a diabetic friendly recipe.
- NOTE: I have modified the original recipe to a much lighter one and less sugar.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating1 people
I really like this recipe... and I really need this as Im borderline myself... Thanks for a nice post....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Breakfast Recipes124 members
Pancakes And Waffles64 members
Breakfast Craze69 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Very Berry Delicious45 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Easy And Delicious86 members
Quick And Easy26 members
Brunch Bunch38 members
Berry Berry Good19 members