Jicama Shrimp and Mango SaladFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds large shrimp shelled shopping list
- 1 small jicama peeled and cut into 1/4" dices shopping list
- 1 mango peeled and cut into 1/4" dices shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet bring water and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt to a boil.
- Add shrimp then cover and bring back to a boil.
- Cook covered over moderate heat for 1 minute then stir well.
- Continue cooking for 2 minutes then drain well.
- When shrimp are cool cut each one in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise.
- Put shrimp in a large bowl and add the jicama, mango and cilantro.
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, mustard, remaining salt and pepper.
- Add oil slowly while whisking.
- Just before serving add vinaigrette to shrimp mixture and toss.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!