Wild Rice Chicken Bake - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 Pkg. ( 6-oz ) long grain and wild rice mix shopping list
- 2 Medium carrots, shredded shopping list
- ¾ cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 can ( 8-oz ) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups water shopping list
- 1 can ( 10 ¾ -oz ) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted shopping list
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves ( 4-oz each ) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil or canola oil shopping list
- Non-stick cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, carrots, peas and water chestnuts. Combine water and soup; pour over rice mixture and mix well. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with paprika and pepper. In a large non-stick skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange chicken over rice mixture. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170 and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
- Serving size 1 chicken breast halve and ½ cup of the rice mixture.
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 314, Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 68mg, Sodium: 762mg, Carbohydrate: 34g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 31g.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable
- NOTE: This is Diabetic Friendly and a low carb and low calorie recipe.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating3 people
great recipe. i would omit the peas though. but that's just my personal taste. 5 forks :)andreac in Cape Town loved it
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Rice Rice And More Rice60 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Anything Rice16 members
Easy But Darn Good80 members
Seasonings And Spices9 members