Stuffed Bleu Cheese PotatoesFrom princessthunder 7 years ago
- 4 medium baking potatoes shopping list
- ½ Cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 oz (1/4 cup) crumbled bleu cheese shopping list
- ¼ Cup milk or buttermilk shopping list
- 4 Tbs real butter, cut into chunks shopping list
- ¾ tsp salt shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
- ½ t garlic powder shopping list
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- Grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- . Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry potatoes. Rub them lightly with a bit of shortening or vegetable oil (helps crisp the skin) and place directly on oven rack, or a cookie sheet. Bake for one hour or until potatoes are done
- .2. Remove potatoes and let cool just a bit. Cut an opening on the top and hollow out each potato, OR cut each potato in half (as shown in photos) to make 8 servings. You may want to hold them with a potholder as they will still be hot!
- 3. Scoop out the insides and place in a bowl. Mash, and add butter, sour cream, bleu cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic. Beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Carefully spoon mixture back into potato shells. Place in a baking dish.
- Return to hot oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 4. Remove and sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese over each potato and bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
The Cookprincessthunder Greer, SC
The Rating8 people
Boy oh Boy! Can't wait to try these - thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
A nice twist, with the blue cheese. I have made this with Swiss cheese and that was really good, if you like Swiss cheese. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Wow great Baked tater with all the fixins cant beat that high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!