Chicken Tuaca with Mushrooms and Green BeansFrom merlin 3 years ago
- 4-6 chicken breasts (I prefer skin-on) shopping list
- ½ t. salt shopping list
- flour to dredge and thicken shopping list
- 2 onions chopped shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 T. Madras curry powder shopping list
- 1 T. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 3-4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 c. Tuaca (Italian liqueur) shopping list
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced thick shopping list
- 12 oz. French green beans, trimmed and rinsed shopping list
- juice of ½ lemon shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, sauté onions in olive oil until soft. Put in large slow cooker.
- Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry. Dredge in flour all over and sprinkle with salt. Brown in olive oil on all sides.
- Add curry powder, cumin, mushroom soup, 3 cups broth Tuaca and lemon juice to slow cooker and mix. Add chicken breasts. Depending on the number of breasts you are using and the slow cooker, you might have to add more broth. The breasts should be covered barely but not submerged.
- Cook on high for 6 hours. Sop up extra oil on top with paper towels. Add flour and water to thicken if necessary. Add mushrooms and green beans. Cook an additional hour. Serve with rice.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating3 people
Good thing we're in a recession or you'd be putting truffles and saffron in this. I enjoyed the intro blog and the soup/stew should be great. Thanks for the post. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Anything requiring alcohol is a winner in my book....and yes, it does sound "sexy".
Thanks for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!