Green Beans With Citrusy VinaigretteFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 5 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange juice shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon fine kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, and add green beans. Cook beans for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, and drain. Put in an ice bath to retain color and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes or until shallots begin to brown, stirring constantly.
- Combine the shallots, lemon rind, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Slowly add 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, stirring well. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the beans, tossing gently to coat.